Thursday, April 30

Cinnamon and chili pumpkin seeds

I know pumpkin seeds are usually eaten in the fall around halloween, but why not snack on these all year round? I found this recipe on The Peanut Butter Boy, a cool food blog with recipes that uses peanut butter as a main ingredient. When I saw this recipe for pumpkin seeds I knew I had to make it not only because it sounded delicious, but also because I've had a whole container of pumpkin seeds sitting in my pantry for months! I stuck to his recipe except I added some chili powder to give it a little kick.


Cinnamon and chili pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds, however many you want
Cooking spray
Ground cinnamon
Chili powder
kosher salt

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2 Spread seeds onto lined baking sheet and lightly spray them with cooking spray
3 In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and chili powder together (I used 1 tablespoon cinnamon and maybe half a tablespoon of chili)
4 Sprinkle cinnamon/chili mix and salt onto the seeds
5 Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool completely and enjoy!

Warning: This snack may cause cinnamon to stick to your fingers so grab a spoon. And maybe some yogurt. yum!

3 comments:

Little Willow said...

Yum.

Jessica said...

I love making roasted pumpkin seeds and this combination sounds really delicious!

Luna Levy said...

these sound wonderful - what a good idea. yum.