Sunday, May 17

My new favorite snack

I had a vision at the grocery store yesterday. A utopia of creamy chocolate, salt, and crunch. And this is what happened.


I had a (too big) bag of bagel chips (I don't really know why I bought it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time) and instead of using it as a real bagel and spread cream cheese or some other dip, I wanted to make it a sweet snack. Enter Nutella! I loooove it. It goes with everything (especially a spoon). The combination of sweet and salty is my favorite. If you like chocolate covered pretzels, then you will love this. It has even a bigger crunch and you can control the chocolate/salt ratio. I like a lot of sea salt so I sprinkled a bunch. 


So, bagel chip + nutella + sea salt= a perfect salted chocolate snack. Nutella can also be spread on any type of crunchy surface, like pita chips or saltines. If you use salted saltines, then you can forego the sea salt. But if using unsalted, you gotta sprinkle on the sea salt! Trust me.


19 comments:

Marta said...

This looks great Zoe! I guess if you only have one or tow, it's not too bad... but who can stop at just a couple when we're talking Nutella + sea salt?!?!?!?!

morgan said...

I think you might be a genius!

Nick said...

Chocolate and salt is one of my favorite combos. This looks utterly delicious!

Amy I. said...

Oh my goodness, these look divine. I just tried a dessert recipe that called for salt on top and it didn't go too well, but there's pretty much no way to ruin Nutella...I'll have to try this!

modernemotive said...

Yum! That looks delicious!

Erin said...

What I would do for that snack right about now... I would be so happy! Adding salt is the best part!

TheRavenousMommy said...

I've never seen Nutella look so delicious! Awesome pics :)

Zoe said...

Marta-One is definitely not enough! Trust me, I know.

Morgan- Hah!

Nick- It's my favorite combo too! Thanks!

Amy- Yes, please try it! Im sorry your last recipe with salt didn't work. I promise this will!

Modernemotive- It is!

Erin- Its like the icing on the cake!

FitFoodie- Thank you!

Claire said...

Oooohhh Nutella! One of life's little pleasures! I want to try this =)

Hillary said...

Now that's my kind of bagel chip! Thanks for the idea!

Michelle said...

Those pictures are making me drool... it looks delicious!

Michelle said...

Those pictures are making me drool... it looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Great photos too!

Kristina Strain said...

Nutella: yes. I love the stuff. At a bagel shop where I used to work, we sold an open-faced bagel sandwich that was as follows:
chocolate chip bagel
butter
peanut butter
nutella
(or in other words, a sugar coma on a plate)
But so good!

Kristina
Sweetfern Handmade

orange sparrow said...

looks delicious! Will have to try!

(and about the phone: yes I love it!! It's a great phone :) )

Bettyjoy said...

Oh my! These look delicious - Time to say bye bye diet and hello Nutella!!! Hmmmmmm! Off to try and find bagel chips - I've never seen them here in the UK, might have to substitute!

Heather S-G said...

I am definitely a sweet & salty kinda gal...these look perfect!

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

I just saw this picture on your side bar and it looks FABULOUS. perfect way to deal with the salty/sweet craving

Jenny in Nottingham, MD said...

Dear Zoe,

Please keep blogging. I LOVE to check in a see what you've been up to in the kitchen. Some days I'm so out of ideas...

Nutella is on tomorrow's shopping list :o)

Thanks so much!