Monday, May 11

Roasted Garlic

Simple food. Simply delicious. I saw someone on tv, probably on food network, roasting a whole head of garlic and it looked so good and easy that I wanted to try it as a snack. Let me tell you, it is awesome! I crushed the garlic onto a crusty baguette and it was heaven on my tongue. You can also use it in cooking whenever it calls for garlic. I bet it would be great in soups, too. Yum.

Roasted Garlic
1 head of garlic
olive oil
kosher salt

1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2 Peel outer papery skins of garlic, but keep skin on individual cloves.
3 Cut top 1/2 inch of the garlic cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
4 Drizzle olive oil and salt on the tops of the cloves, making sure all cloves are covered in oil and salt.
5 Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.

Wait until cool enough to handle and carefully cut around each clove with a knife and squeeze out the soft cloves with your fingers. Either mash with fork and spread on warm crusty bread or eat as is.

I am submitting this photo to click photo contest.

5 comments:

morgan said...

Nice photo!

ambika said...

I can't remember...but there was a restaurant that always served this with it's basket of bread. It really was so delicious of breath slaughtering!

Mrs. L said...

I've wanted to do this for years and just never seem to get around to it. Maybe this will kick me in the tush to try it...awesome photo!

Pizza said...

I saw this on "The Main" not too long ago. Looks delicious!

bee said...

beautiful. i love your blog header.