Wednesday, April 15

My first brisket!


I was watching martha one day, and she had on a guest who was promoting his "easiest brisket ever."  He was right, it sure looked easy. But I was skeptical and decided to try out his theory. And being that this is my first time making brisket, I needed the easiest recipe in the universe. His name is Arthur Schwartz and you can find his exact recipe here

This came out so delicious. Like buttuh! I know brisket can seem intimidating at first, but it really is so easy. The only drawback is that it does take a long time in the oven, but hey, thats less work for you! The oven does all the work for you.


Pot Roast Brisket
1 8-10 lbs brisket
4 lbs onioins
3 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
2 ribs celery
4 small bay leafs
2 large cloves of garlic, halved
salt 'n' peppa

1 Preheat oven to 350 
2 Rub halved garlic clove all over the meat, on all sides.
3 Salt 'n' peppa meat on both sides
4 Brown meat on stovetop until colored on all sides
5 Throw onions in the same pan and saute until slightly wilted
6 Drain oil from onions and spread the onions, carrots, and celery on the bottom of your pan. I threw in the garlic cloves as well.
7 Place two bay leaved under the meat, and two on top
8 Place meat on top of vegetables
9 Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and cook in preheated oven for 4 hours


No comments: