Tuesday, May 26

Tzatziki Salmon Burgers

I truly believe tzatziki sauce is a gift to the world. If you have never had it, go out and buy a tub right now. Or better yet make it from scratch. I bought mine with dill and cucumber chunks and is tangy and absolutely delicious! I cant get enough! I used the tzatziki both as a binder for the burgers and as a sauce as well. There can never be enough tzatziki!

Tzatziki Salmon Burgers
2 6 oz cans of pink salmon
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
3 tablespoon tzatziki sauce
1 green onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablspoon breadcrumbs
juice from half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground pepper

1 Flake salmon into small even pieces in a large bowl using a fork. Add tzatziki sauce, green onion, minced garlic, bread crumbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
2 Take a small amount of the salmon mixture and form a 1 inch ball in your hand and flatten down evenly, forming a patty. Continue forming patties with the rest of mixture and chill patties in the fridge for 15 minutes on parchment paper.
3 Heat oil over medium high heat on a pan (preferably with grill marks) and grill patties. Don't overcrowd the pan. Also, the patties should sizzle when you place them on the pan, if it doesn't it is not hot enough.
4 Serve with tzatziki sauce


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of salmon burgers with tzatziki! How delicious! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

How wonderful, this is totally my kind of food. Plus I definitely have cans of salmon that need to be used up. Im going to bookmark this recipe and let you know when i try it. THanks! :D

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That dish looks mighty tasty and delicious! A great idea!

Cheers,

Rosa

Winchester Manor said...

This looks and sounds delicious! My mouth is literally watering right now...I should not read your blog before I've had anything to eat! I've never had a salmon burger or tzatziki sauce, I will definitely give this a try!

Anonymous said...

I love tzatziki sauce. Sounds wonderful!

Lissaloo said...

This looks wonderful! :)

Rabbittrick said...

omg, put Salmon and Tzatziki together in the same sentence and I think I love you.

Awesome post. Love how deep those grill marks are! smashing.

I usually find salmon meat too delicate to mash (I like mine raw, smoked or steamed in milk) but I can't resist a good salmon patty =D