Wednesday, July 22

Beef Enchiladas

Some of you may know how much I love Mexican food. But for those of you who don't, let me reiterate: I LOVE Mexican food! Ok now that we got that out of the way, let's chat. I grilled some burgers the other night alongside those yummy grown up fries. Apparently I made too many burgers. 3 too many to be exact. So instead of freezing them, I crumbled them up and used them in these enchiladas. They came out so cheesy and beefy, plus I threw some pinto beans in there which made all the difference. They were moist and a perfect way to use up leftover hamburger patties.

Other ways to use up leftover patties:
- Freeze them
- Crumble and cover with cheese and guacamole and sour cream for some meaty nachos
- Crumble and use in taco soup
- Crumble and use in chili
- Crumble on pasta or use in meat sauce

Beef Enchiladas
2 cans enchilada sauce
3 leftover ground beef patties, or about 1 lb ground beef
1 can pinto beans
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
6 flour tortillas
Shredded Cheddar
Shredded Mozzarella
1 Bunch green onions

1 Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
2 Crumble hamburger patties, or brown raw ground beef in medium saute pan if not using leftovers
3 Once beef is browned, pour one can of enchilada sauce with the beef, add oregano, garlic powder and pinto beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4 Prepare a bowl with the other can of enchilada sauce. Grease a baking pan and pour enough of the sauce to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
5 Using tongs, dip the tortillas in the bowl of sauce and cover entire surface. Place on a separate plate, and put beef mixture in the center in a line, then Cheddar cheese, then some green onions. Fold and place in the baking pan, seam facing down. Continue assembling the tortillas until the pan is full. I had to turn some of mine to make them fit.
6 Cover the rolled tortillas with the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with plenty of mozzarella cheese on top.
7 Bake in the oven/toaster oven for 10 minutes until hot and bubbly.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally love mexican food too. this looks so gorgeous, im hungry now!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love Mexican food too!!! Those Enchiladas look so scrumptious! Heaven in a dish...

Cheers,

Rosa

Christo Gonzales said...

maybe I need to send you a little chile so you can make your own enchilada sauce.....this looks tastyrific

maybelles mom said...

We made veggie enchiladas last week, but I don't think I got mine to look as lovely as yours.

And, when we have leftover hamburgers we put them in a baked pasta and eggplant dish.

Chef Fresco said...

YUM! Great photo. Can we all give thanks to the Southwest for creating so many great dishes.

Creative Classroom Core said...

I love a good enchilada, and this sounds like a fantastic recipe! Thanks for sharing!

My comfort food network said...

This is good Zoe, a good way to use leftover patty. I think I have some in the fridge or freezer. I am sure the kids will love it this way.

Pam said...

I love Mexican food too - your enchiladas look amazing.

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

mexican is my favorite, and these enchiladas look sooo good! I'm drooling.

katie said...

This looks great. I like to heat the tortillas over an open flame to get them a bit more pliable before rolling.

Additionally, I like to make my own sauce out of guajillo chiles. working with chiles is really fun. so cool how they transform.

Calvine said...

What a great way to use leftover hamburger meat! I would never have thought of that - thanks, Zoe!

unconfidential cook said...

I just love Mexican food too--and for me the junkier the better...meaning, swimming in cheese and loaded with beans and guacamole and sour cream. These look right up my alley.

grace said...

i enjoy ALL mexican food, but enchiladas are a favorite. the only change i'd make to yours is using pepper jack instead of cheddar and mozz, but nicely done!

Thistlemoon said...

These enchiladas look delicious! What a great use of the burger leftovers!

Lauren said...

I love Mexican food as well, and I'm always looking for new recipes. This one sounds and looks fantastic!

Heather S-G said...

I love my Mexican food, too!!! mmmmmm...these looks great :D

Anonymous said...

lol, you are so funny. So do I...I LOVE mexican food! Can say that all day long!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I also love Mexican Food and this Beef Enchiladas looks like it would hit the spot..

Jamie said...

Yum these looks so delicious! And really, who doesn't love great Mexican food?

ChichaJo said...

You have something in common with my hubby! He loves Mexican food too :) He would love this!

Juliana said...

Always had enchilada in restaurants, never made at home...the one that you feature look so yummie...tasty...need to try it!

Faith said...

I love Mexican food...this looks delicious!

Reeni said...

Me too! And I love these enchiladas! How yummy!

Olga said...

What a great meal. I like things like that b/c they are great for leftovers!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Mmmmmm enchiladas....my boyfriend would devourer this immediately. I should make it for him:)