Thursday, July 30

Honey-Soy Glazed Drumsticks

I had a spur of the moment dinner party the other night and I instantly thought of drumsticks as the main dish. They are quick and super easy, unless you have to marinade them overnight, but these don't need it. I made it the night before and just heated them up in the microwave (no need to heat up the oven again) and everyone licked their plates! I served the drumsticks on a bed of polenta alongside green beans with toasted cashews. Delicious!

Last time I made drumsticks, I used a cranberry-orange glaze but I wanted to do something different this time. I still wanted it to be sweet but not as fruity, so I chose a honey/soy glaze with sesame seeds. It came out moist, tender and sweet. Exactly what I wanted.

What's your last minute entertaining meal?

Honey-Soy glazed Drumsticks
adapted by Martha Stewart
12 drumsticks
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 garlic cloves, minced
Sesame seeds
salt 'n' peppa

1 Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Season drumsticks with salt and pepper, both sides.
2 Mix honey, soy sauce, garlic cloves, and some sesame seeds in a bowl.
3 Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil and lay the drumsticks in alternating directions in a row. Pour honey mixture over all the chicken and bake about 30-40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
4 Once chicken is done, transfer the remaining sauce in the pan to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce.

30 comments:

Clarity said...

Wow, this sounds easy, scrumptious and unique - my kind of food.

I especially like how the sauce gave it such a gorgeous glaze. Thank you for that.

Creative Classroom Core said...

What a drool- worthy photo! These turned out beautifully! Nice job!

Soma said...

You pictures are so sublime & appealing at the same time! wonderfully easy recipe.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very appetizing!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

honey-soy glaze sounds terrific on the drumsticks!

Unknown said...

These look fab, and kudos for doing a spur of the dinner party :) I would be hiding in the closet :D

grace said...

i think spur-of-the-moment dinner parties are the way to go--no time to get stressed! i love this idea for a dish--simple, straightforward, and delicious!

Calvine said...

I can't believe how easy this is! Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely be making this many times. It's such a great jumping off point for all sorts of glazes and flavors!

theUngourmet said...

I'm a last minute kind of girl sometimes too so it's nice that these don't need a long marinade time! Yum!

Christo Gonzales said...

these have such a 'grab and go' look to them - the glaze sounds so perfect - I will make savoury crepes with what ever I have on hand when I am in a pinch!

Justin said...

boy, that sure sounds easy. love the photos.

Reginald said...

These look beautiful and delicious!

And amazingly simple.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

These look beyond delicious! Great job Zoe!!!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

gorgoeus.

I actually made drumsticks the other night too, but try as I might I just don't like dark meat. i do love the idea of serving them with polenta though. I might try this glaze on something else.

♥peachkins♥ said...

Everybody loves chicken.I'm sure this was a hit!

sunita said...

What a lovely recipe :-)

mycookinghut said...

Absolutely delicious!! My kind of food!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, creepy! We are on the same wavelength. I made some drumsticks this past week with a similar glaze. Honey and soy were present, but also hoisin ad chili-garlic sauces. I took a few pictures, so it may make a blog appearance one day. I rather like your version better, though. It's simpler.

Faith said...

These look really delicious! Gorgeous photos!

Heather S-G said...

They're so pretty and glazed...mmmm. Plus, love polenta & green beans with almonds. I may drop by soon. ;)

Kerstin said...

Mmmm, they look so perfect - my mouth is watering!

Anonymous said...

What a great glaze. You could use that on many dishes and add to their natural flavor.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

The glaze sounds great but I don't like drum sticks. I'm thinking wings instead!
~ingrid

Sylvia said...

Simple easy and well done.The drumsticks looks delicious and tempting

test it comm said...

That chicken looks tasty! I like the sweet and salty combo.

Kirby! said...

What an easy and tasty way to marinate drumsticks!!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Beautifully done!!!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Soy and honey are a winning combination.

Snooky doodle said...

these look so so good! :)

Sam@BingeNYC said...

Oh man, these look like sticky-delicious-chicken heaven. Yum!