Saturday, July 25

Roasted Tomato, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Pasta

I love a good light pasta dish thats easy to heat up for lunch or snack on cold right out of the fridge. This is one of those dishes, which was inspired by Heidi's Red Pesto Ravioli at 101cookbooks. She used cheese ravioli for the pasta and made a pesto sauce out of sun dried tomatoes. I didn't want a sauce nor a heavy pasta, just the good stuff she used like oven roasted tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, plus I added some roasted canned artichokes. It turned out amazing and I'm sure it will taste just as good or maybe even better right out of the fridge tomorrow. Mmmm. Her oven roasted tomatoes came out so sweet and delicious and the sun-dried tomatoes offered a tangy flavor which I love. I used these cute little pasta shapes called orecchiette, meaning "ears." Aren't they adorable?

Roasted Tomato, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Pasta
1 8 oz package of pasta, any small shape will work
Olive oil, salt 'n' peppa
Sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
Cherry tomatoes, I used an 8 oz package
1 can artichoke hearts
Crumbled Goat cheese

1 Preheat toaster oven to 350. Slice cherry tomatoes lengthwise and toss with some olive oil, spoonful of brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Arrange cut side up in toaster oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until shriveled.
2 Boil water and cook pasta until al-dente, around 11 minutes for the short small pastas. Drain.
3 While pasta is boiling, drain can of artichoke hearts and season with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil and broil in the oven for about 7 minutes or until beginning to brown.
4 Julienne the sun dried tomatoes.
5 Toss the pasta with the oven roasted tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Crumble goat cheese on top.
This dish is being sent to Amy at Very Culinary for Presto Pasta Night.

38 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

OMG, can I have a plate, please?!!! So scrumptious looking! Great shots!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

This is gorgeous, Zoe!!! I love artichokes...

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

beautiful!! I love sundried tomatoes and artichokes... this looks awesome.

My comfort food network said...

Zoe this looks sooooo good, I have all the ingredients for this at home right now. So guess what's for dinner tomorrow night?

Unknown said...

Beautiful (and i love anything with goats cheese)

♥peachkins♥ said...

This looks like a yummy pasta recipe.I will do this. I just have to omit the artichoke from the recipe because we don't have it in the local market.

Cucinista said...

Zoe, what a winning recipe! Mouth-watering as always.

Winchester Manor said...

Oooh this is making me so hungry! Can't wait to give this a try!!

I tried your gronw up fries last night, they were FABULOUS!

Thank you for all of the wonderful recipes and the best mouth watering photos ever!!!

xoxo
Karyn

theUngourmet said...

I just love pasta recipes that can be served hot or cold. This recipe is a nice one and yes, I love the shape of these!

grace said...

in my humble opinion, all pasta dishes should contain sun-dried tomatoes. this is a great, speedy, and inventive dish!

Faith said...

This looks incredible! I love the cute little ears!

Soma said...

That looks scrumptious! I love both roasted tomatoes & sun dried one s& probably these two are the most often used things in my pasta!

Reeni said...

I love how the little tidbits of tomatoes and artichokes get stuck in the crook of the ears! This looks incredible!

maybelles mom said...

very delicious--I do love the shape of orchiette and the name too.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, you just got me lost in a phantasy. I just made some fresh goat cheese, and now I know I will be folding it into a bowl full of oriechette. It will be cute and creamy.

Erin said...

What a perfect combo! I have artichoke hearts in my freezer that have been calling out to me... maybe a pasta dish is the perfect answer. Some of those fried capers could be a good on top, too.

ChichaJo said...

This is just the type of pasta dish I would love! And orecchiette is my favorite pasta shape :) Gorgeous photos!

nora@ffr said...

wow!! artichoke!! love ittt!!! specially with pasta.. yumm!!! a must make :)

Chibog in Chief said...

this sounds absolutely delicious!! I bet small provencale artichokes would do well on this dish!! can't wait to try this recipe!

Sylvia said...

What a mouthwatering pasta. I love it, sound very tasty
Have a nice week

Donna-FFW said...

Artichokes,tomato, goat cheese, sounds fantastic. It looks so tasty!! Perfect one dish meal!

Miranda said...

I found you from the Heavenly Housewife....I am so glad I did. Your food looks terrific. This pasta has all my fav's all together!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing and I will be back!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so great I'd really would like a serving please....

Ruth Daniels said...

Seems to me like you're going to have to cook up a gazillion batches to feed all of us who want a taste of yours.

Thanks for sharing with presto Pasta Nights. And your photos are awesome!

Justin said...

this is the kind of food i love to eat every day

Chef Fresco said...

Looks delicious - especially w the sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese!

Anonymous said...

You had at me at goat cheese:)

Olga said...

That looks so great. I think the only thing I'd add is some fresh herb.

test it comm said...

What a tasty looking pasta!

momgateway said...

That's so pretty! It must be delicious.

Clarity said...

This makes me melt just looking at it. You talented girl!

The Food Hunter said...

I wish I had some of this for lunch right now. It looks so good.

Hillary said...

This looks incredible! I'm always on the lookout for new pasta ideas and this one looks very impressive.

Colleen said...

This looks beautiful and delicious! Sometimes when I use goat cheese in a pasta I save a little pasta water to pour over the whole thing so the cheese melts into more of a sauce.

Deseree said...

Yum! Easy pasta dishes like this are great! I just recently made one with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. I like your addition of goat cheese and artichokes. Two things that I love!

crystalcalderon said...

Just made this dish for dinner tonight. And it was DELISH!! A great light summer pasta dish and all done within 1 hour. Can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!

Harry Brenner said...

The weeks are flying by indeed, and so is this delicious food!

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe,

your blog looks nice and honest! I just wanted to let you know that your beautiful photos have been stolen by a danish blogger that copies recipes and photos from the internet in order to sell different products on a "false" foodblog. I have started to contact the blogs from whom they steal recipes and photos and I hope you´ll join the battle for your/our copyrights! It has to be said that the blog http://www.italienskmad.com/pastapenne-med-artiskok-og-solt%C3%B8rret-tomat/ has over 2500 Facebook followers unaware of the agenda of those thieves. Best regards, Realblogs