Sunday, August 23

Summery Tzatziki Salad

I know I've been kinda MIA around here lately, but we've been stung with the 'house hunting bug' and I've been pre-occupied with that. You know things can get hectic with that sorta thing...Meanwhile, I've been making a lot of quick salads like this one. I call it a summer salad because the veggies in it remind me of summer so much. It's dressed with tzatziki sauce, a light tart creamy yogurt which is yummy dipped in veggies. So I thought, why not use it as a salad dressing? Its cool, creamy, yet still light and summery. AND it only has 3-4 ingredients! What's your favorite summer salad?

Summery Tzatziki Salad
2 Roma Tomatoes
1 Cucumber
1/4 cup tzatziki
1 sprig fresh dill

1 Chop up tomatoes and cucumbers and throw in a bowl.
2 Combine tzatziki sauce with chopped dill and fold into the vegetable mixture.
3 Season with salt 'n' peppa.

16 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A deliciously refreshing salad! I love tzatziki!

Cheers,

Rosa

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I love tzatziki, but never though to make a salad like this with it. I bet it would be great on potato salad too!

good luck with the house hunting!

Faith said...

Using tzatziki as a salad dressing is such a good idea! This looks amazing!

Soma said...

tzatziki makes everything taste good! My dd just loves it on anything, flatbread, salads as dips everything!

Reeni said...

What a refreshing and delicious summer salad! My favorite salad has sweet and savory flavors - a bit of whatever fruit I have - blue or feta cheese - nuts - and whatever veggies I have in the fridge!

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I bet that is delicious! I love tzatziki anyway, so why not! :D

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

That picture looks so positively fresh!

test it comm said...

I like the sound of bulking up a tzatziki salad like this!

Kalyn Denny said...

Great idea! I love Tzatziki too; never thought of using it like this.

grace said...

i can get behind any method for putting tzatziki into my mouth, and the lightness and freshness of this dish is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of tzatziki salad - simple, refreshing and delicious!

mycookinghut said...

Looks really refreshing!

Olga said...

that's such an awesome idea to use tzaziki as the dressing!!

I just made tomato/basil/olive salad. Also love orzo salads with a bunch of vegetables.

Chef Fresco said...

We're in the middle of house-hunting too! It is so stressful!

On another note, I love this simple salad!

The Cooking Ninja said...

Hope you find your dream home soon. Funnily we were house hunting too but has put the project on hold for now as prices are skyrocketing to a point that both buyers and sellers are going mad.

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca said...

Yummy salad....very refreshing!!!