Monday, August 9

White Bean Dip

whitebean_dip
I recently had an extra-small dinner party of 4. There was a mediterranean theme going on and I wanted to start off the meal with a dip and some homemade spanakopitas (not pictured). This white bean dip is packed with flavor and is hard to stop going back for more. I like that it has some color from the herbs and is not only white, which is not as attractive, especially next to a beige cracker. This would also be great with pita chips rubbed with garlic and dried oregano. I just opted for simple seeded crunchy crackers that I had at home. It was a hit!

White Bean Dip
1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup parsley
1/4 cup greek yogurt
salt
black pepper

1 Combine all ingredients in the work bowl of the food processor. Pulse until smooth, but still a little bit chunky.
2 Serve with pita chips or crackers.

Oh, and here's a peek of what I served for the dinner party: Lamb and shrimp kebabs, bell pepper salad and israeli couscous salad with olives and roasted tomatoes.

kabobs

7 comments:

Joanne said...

I recently made a white bean dip that used middle eastern flavors but I would love to try this mediterranean version!

Chiara "Kika" Assi said...

I love cannellini dip, I make a very similar recipe. I never thought of adding yogurt to it, but it sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lovely meal, that dip looks simple and woderful

Chef Fresco said...

Thanks for the bean dip recipe- I've tried some before, but never have added yogurt. Also, those kabobs look amazing!

Unknown said...

This looks great - I'm in love with a fava bean dip that I make a lot, but this would have a different flavor profile.

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Easily my favorite dip, especially great because you always have the ingredients so you can make it in a pinch!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I've got everything...perfect for tomorrow's midday snack! Thanks for sharing!
~ingrid