Thursday, November 3

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts


Whoa, I'm alive. I know its been way way too long but I've been planning my wedding for the past year....oy. It was a whirlwind, to say the least, and now life is starting to feel normal again.


Tonight I felt like cooking a bunch of random things and put it on one plate and call it 'dinner.' I started with these brussel sprouts, which I roasted in the same pan as the hazelnuts. Whenever I cut the ends off of the cabbages, some of the leaves usually become loose. Dont throw those away! Those get extra crispy and are like chips after they're roasted. I like my brussel sprouts on the burned side so keep a close watch if you dont want them too black.

My next random dish was........potato salad. I know, its fall and I was craving the most summery picnic salad ever, but I couldn't help it! I needed sour cream/mayo/dijon smothered red skinned potatoes more than ever. Next was hard boiled eggs. Again, random. But so satisfying!!!

Don't be afraid to switch up your meals with random dishes that you love. Another example coming up tomorrow!


1 comment:

peachkins said...

honestly, I've never tried brussel sprouts but this looks like a great recipe for it...