Sunday, May 3

Egg drop bake

Eggs, how I love thee. Let me count the ways: Scrambled, poached, sunny side up, hard boiled, frittata, omelette, mmmm..each way is amazing. Breakfast is a treat any time of day and im always on the hunt for new egg recipes. I came across this egg bake at Kayotic Kitchen and knew I had to add it to my recipe files. It came out delicious! Egg-y and cheesy, just the way I like it. I think next time I will throw in some mushrooms just to change it up. Green onions would be good, too. Oh, and pretend this picture has freshly ground black pepper on it, k? Thanks. :)


Egg drop bake
recipe via kayotic kitchen
1 small onion finely diced
1 tomato finely diced, you can also use a can of diced tomatoes
2 eggs (you can use just one egg, but I wanted two!)
shredded cheese (I used cheddar, but any cheese would work)
oven proof container (a ramekin or shallow dish would work)

1 Preheat oven to 350
2 Dice onion and tomato
3 Saute onions over medium heat until clear
4 Throw in diced tomatoes and heat through
5 Layer the onion/tomato mixture on the bottom of the dish, then spread the shredded cheese over the entire surface.
6 Crack egg(s) over the cheese layer and pop the yolk(s) with a fork or knife. Don't mix.
7 Bake in oven for 15 min. Check on it to make sure it doesn't over cook.
8 When done baking, sprinkle salt and pepper and enjoy!