Sunday, January 31

Potato Salad

This is yet another recipe from A Homemade Life. I know potato salad is usually for warmer weather, but who says you can't have it as a side dish next to say, pot roast? It is filling and delicious. The recipe called for hard-boiled eggs but I didn't feel like doing all that. I added coarse ground mustard to the ranch and mayo dressing, as well as dried dill because I didn't have any fresh on hand. It was truly delicious and even better the next day! I used baby Yukon gold potatoes, aren't they pretty? They almost shimmer underwater.
You can bookmark this recipe for the summertime or make it with your next roast! Enjoy!

Potato Salad
1 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed (I sliced some lengthwise and half wise just to change it up)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mayo
4 tablespoons ranch
1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
2 tablespoons fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried

1 Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 15-20 minutes.
2 Drain them and set aside to cool.
3 Slice the potatoes however you like and put in a large bowl.
4 In a small bowl stir together the mayo, ranch, mustard and dill. Pour dressing over the potatoes and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight if serving next day.


Lea Ann said...

Love, Love, Love potato salad. I've not made it in months, but you can bet I will now. Food has no seasons in our house. I make ice cream all winter long.

♥peachkins♥ said...

my cousin loves potato salad!

Half Baked said...

Mmmm love potato salad and this looks so good...definitely a keeper

Reginald@CeramicCanvas said...


Potatoes and dill such

a classic and amazing combo.



Ingrid said...

LOL, Before I even started reading the post and just saw your photo I thought, hmmm wonder how good it would be with that pot roast. :) Guess I need to try it and the pot roast.

Erin said...

This recipe makes me long for warmer weather! I love potato salad, but can't imagine eating it right now, when it's snowing outside.

I still need to buy that book. I love Molly's blog and her column in Bon Appetit, but I'm being cheap and waiting for the paperback edition to come out :)

Stacey Snacks said...

It's too cold for potato salad around here....but it is my FAVORITE thing in the world.
I love mine with lots of mayo, eggs and pickle relish!
My mouth is watering!

Leslie said...

Mmmm.I love a good potato salad recipe