Tuesday, May 25

Greek Salad


Sometimes I crave coming home and cutting vegetables up. Is that strange? I love hearing the clap of the knife against the wood cutting board. And I love that my dog lies on her belly and watches my every move with her eyes. It relaxes me. This weekend I was especially excited to chop up these veggies because I went to a new farmers market in town and couldn't wait to taste them. They were perfect.

The great thing about a big salad is it's refreshing, juicy and makes you feel good inside. This classic greek salad does not have lettuce, which makes it easier to eat I think. Feel free to add any other vegetables you have. I added kalamata olives, slivers of red onion and chunks of feta. The dressing is simply lemon juice, olive oil and salt. I hope this inspired you to go home and make a BIG salad! You won't regret it.


9 comments:

Joanne said...

I tend to think that food tastes better when I know it comes from the farmer's market. Maybe it's psychosomatic. But it's always delicious.

This salad looks awesome!

Jhonny walker said...

The salad looks awesome...and ful of goodness...will have to give this a try :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

Your salad looks fantastic!

blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Matt SF said...

As always, the photo looks amazing. So glad I'm growing 40+ tomato plants in the garden this year.

alllyn | allthingsami said...

Fantastic. I also find chopping greens relaxing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Definitely not strange at all. I used to hate cutting veggies but looking at it as a way to unwind (read: take your time instead of trying to rush through) has definitely helped me. Great blog! xxSAS

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I made a similar salad but added rotini pasta and left out the onions. You're absolutely right. It's wonderfully refreshing.
~ingrid

Iiiii said...

I love this salad, ay ours it is called 'shopska salata'!

Stani said...

If you sprinkle some vinegar (red wine vinegar goes great with this salad) and salt on the onions before you add them to the salad, their taste/smell won't be as pungent.
I love shopska salata :)