Sunday, August 16

Fresh Mango Avocado & Navy Bean Salsa

I don't really like spicy salsa that you would eat with chips. I would much rather have a fresh fruit medley like this one.  This salsa came about because I had a mango that was about to go bad and an avocado that was about to go bad. Thats it. I put the two fruits together, added a can of navy beans, and lime juice and salt. Fresh and perfect. You could serve this as a side to anything, or on top of anything, or just as a cool fresh snack.
Do you want to know how I used it? Thats right. Right on top of a fried egg. The yellow yoke covered sweet mango and avocado was absolutely amazing. You might guess this was for breakfast, but it was actually for dinner and was so satisfying.


Mango Avocado & Navy Bean Salsa
2 Avocado
1 Mango
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup navy beans
Lime juice
salt 'n' peppa

1- Peel and cube the mango and avocado.
2 - Rinse navy beans from can. Throw into a large bowl with cubed mango and avocado, pour in juice of one lime, season to taste. Serve over whatever you like!

26 comments:

KennyT said...

Zoe, I heard that mango and avocado are good friends, now I believe it.

Parita said...

Very flavorful salad!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So colorful and appetizing!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anita said...

What a lovely fresh salsa. I had my first fresh salsa a couple of weeks ago and they are really nice. I love that you have put it on the egg, what a great idea, I will keep it in mind.

nora@ffr said...

vat a great combo zoe!! love them all!! stunning photography!! keep it up!
cheers!!

Pam said...

What a delicious breakfast! I am sure the salsa was amazing on top of the egg.

grace said...

i think any recipe for salsa would be quickly devoured by me, whether chips are required or not. i LOVE this dish, zoe--avocadoes rock my world.

Juliana said...

Wow, love the combination of mango and avocado...yummie!

Soma said...

Your recipes are the simpliest but always a wonderful combination of taste, color & textures. Love it!

Faith said...

This salsa looks so fresh and delicious! I bet it would be amazing on top of grilled fish!

Olga said...

I would not have thought of adding this salsa to eggs, but I'll trust you :)

LOVE mangoes! I think this would be great with white fish.

Christo Gonzales said...

how was the sweetness with the eggs?

Reeni said...

I love this - so fresh and delicious. Sweet and savory, yum.

Heather S-G said...

Oh man, this looks fabulous!!! Although I'm a fan of the spicy stuff...I like this equally as well...great job :D

Leslie said...

oh delish..what a wonderful combination

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

what a beautiful dish! I love both avocado and manog, and I have a bag of navy beans in the cupboard.... this might be on next week's menu!

Chef Fresco said...

We love fresh salsa! I just used navy beans in hummus for the first time this week - they're delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love your addition of navy beans to this delicious salsa. Very intrigued about serving it with the eggs, will definitely be trying!

Noob Cook said...

This looks refreshing! And I like the sunny side egg to go with it as well :)

♥peachkins♥ said...

I LOVE this. First time I see mango and avocado together

mycookinghut said...

I love mango and avocade but never had them together! What a good idea. :)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Everywhere I look I see yummy summer salads. These is no exception...delicious!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

That is just beautiful. Fruit and vegetables, both, make a table festive and pretty and this sure does.

test it comm said...

Avocado and mango is a great combo. Sweet, juicy and creamy! I often combine them with black beans for a salsa.

Avocados facts said...

Seems like something yummy is always cooking in your house. Looks delicious. I am surely gonna try it. I like avocado. Avocado is very healthy and has many health benefits. It is rich in nutrients and is excellent as conditioner and makes one’s locks lustrous and smooth, it helps to get rid of the frizz from hair, also helps preventing hair loss and its nutrients helps for good hair growth.

Soon, Then said...

wow, that looks amazing! I'll have to try it. :)