Monday, January 11

Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce

I haven't posted a pasta dish for a long time, but don't worry I've still been eating it regularly– my favorite way, of course. I've also been eating a lot of mushrooms lately. Mainly just sauteed in butter with shallots –yum! I thought to add these indulgent flavors in a cream sauce over pasta. I used shiitake, but any mushrooms or a combination of mushrooms, would work. This was such an easy and quick sauce to make — just melt some butter, saute some minced shallots until softened, throw in the  chopped mushrooms, pour in the half and half or cream, season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese. By the time your pasta is cooked, the sauce is ready. Enjoy!!

Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce
2 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 8 oz package of shiitake mushrooms, or any variety, roughly chopped
1 cup half and half
salt 'n' peppa
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Pasta of your choice, cooked al dente

1 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat with shallots until softened. Add in minced garlic.
2 Throw in the mushrooms and cook until golden and soft. Pour in the cream, make sure the heat isn't too high, you don't want to boil the cream.
3 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Throw in the parsley and stir.
4 Pour over pasta of your choice and garnish with fresh parmesan cheese!

I am sending this pasta dish over to ascientistinthekitchen for presto pasta night!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

what a wonderfully simple and delicious go to pasta dish!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent pasta dish, love shiitake mushrooms!

KimberlyQ said...

This looks wonderful! I love pasta, I might be addicted.

maybelle's mom said...

i love how simple this recipe is. very seasonal too.

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Love it. I love that this dish uses just a handful of ingredients.

Q said...

Pasta + Mushrooms + Cream = HEAVEN. My fave italian restaurant has this handmade ravioli with a mushroom cream sauce and it is SINFUL. This looks like a good substitute when I'm craving it but don't want to go out.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

This looks amazing! You pretty much had me at cream and mushrooms...haha.

Ruth Daniels said...

Now here's a dish that has me drooling for pasta even before I've eaten breakfast.

Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Lea Ann said...

I love simple pasta recipes. I sait that samee thing yesterday "I haven't posted a pasta recipe lately" Made pasta last night and it was soooooooo good. Thanks for this recipe.

test it comm said...

Pastas like this are nice and simple and yet so good!

Erin said...

Pasta is just so satisfying for day to day eating, and I love how easy it is to play around with pasta recipes. I love mushrooms, so this sounds great to me!

Joanne said...

Sounds fantastic. For some reason mushroom cream sauce screams winter to me. I could see this warming me up on a cold night!

Chef Fresco said...

I totally agree about mushrooms sauteed in butter and shallots! Looks delicious!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Oh, boy this looks and sounds terrific. Love that its so quick and easy.
~ingrid